How to get RenewYou in your organisation
Do you have an untapped pool of talent in your business?
The statistics are clear: companies with women in senior posts alongside the men are thriving.
We understand that for many organisations knowing it is one thing – actually doing something effective about it doesn’t seem so straightforward. It’s hard sometimes to know just where to start and it’s not easy releasing staff for time consuming courses.
Changing People has a very simple and cost effective solution; it’s our one day, tried and tested course, RenewYou which you can have delivered on your premises.
Companies that have a higher proportion of women in executive roles tend to report stronger financial results. Opening up opportunities for women also creates a compound cultural benefit that is highly conducive to positive performance.
“By taking the lead on women’s progression, moving it from a diversity initiative to a core business priority, they are at the forefront of driving change to create fairer and more inclusive workplaces.”
Kathryn Nawrockyi, Director of Opportunity Now at Business in the Community.
Survey after survey identifies a lack of confidence amongst women holding them back from top positions. The reasons are many and various and forward thinking organisations with a strong commitment to equality and diversity, have used Changing People to help address this problem and maximise the potential of all their workforce. Everyone wins when a company is flourishing by enabling the talents of all its workforce to shine.
Sometimes it’s difficult to justify women only courses in an organisation, however, the statistics are clear. For every 20 executives in the UK only one will be female. The topic of lack of women on boards has been centre stage of late, with the UK Government talking loudly about introducing mandatory quotas if the status quo remains.
Yet companies can’t suddenly find women ready and willing to become board members; the process needs to begin much lower down in the organisation. Which is where RenewYou comes in.
RenewYou is suitable for any woman, at any level in your organisation and is designed to motivate women to give time and thought to their career. It addresses very directly the issue of lack of confidence, encourages self belief and motivates women to aim high. Evidence from managers who have sent staff, is that the women return more motivated and more inclined to address issues from a ‘can do’ perspective, rather than grumbling, and many have actively pursued promotion and further qualifications.
(See here for a short post on Jane Weaver, a RenewYou champion, and CEO of her own logistics company, who went on to win a national Everywoman award.)
RenewYou is a tried and trusted one day (yes, staff only need to be away from their desks for one day) course which can be used within organisations working to increase participation of women at a senior level. The course is one single power packed day encouraging participants to think for themselves and to progress their careers. To keep the momentum flowing each participant also receives a 300 page journal, which is by their side encouraging and motivating them for a full year post course.
RenewYou was an important first step for our female junior management staff to develop a self-belief in their management potential and encourage this significant group of staff to aim higher. It allowed us to encourage specific team building strengths that women have a natural bias towards such as collaboration, empathy and flexibility.
The development day has improved team working and communication and it had an immediate and positive effect on the engagement and motivation of the women who attended. Overall, there was a 40% average increase in feelings of self confidence and empowerment. The day was perfectly pitched for the group we had organised – one of the attendees successfully applied for a promotion within a few months of participating on the course and another was actively pursing additional qualifications and training.”
Divisional General Manager, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust.
In a local authority it can be difficult for women to evaluate their positions and careers because the assumption is we’re all equal here. RenewYou has been really helpful in encouraging women to progress in the organisation. It gives them the opportunity to consider why they are where they are, to look at the opportunities available to them (inside and outside the council) and make positive plans and choices about the future. RenewYou participants have changed jobs, applied for promotion, undertaken further training, achieved qualifications. The council has got a good return on its investment in RenewYou which is seen as part of a programme which supports transformation of the organisation – including improved participation and people who contribute positively to the success of the council.
L & D Manager
Using RenewYou Within Your Organisation
There are several options open to you which can all be tailored to meet your specific requirements:
- You can send one member or many members of staff on any of the RenewYou courses around the country (see dates and places here).
- You can arrange for one of our RenewYou licensed trainers to deliver a course in house (All licensed trainers are listed here.)
- You can have a member of your training department licensed. (See here for licensing events around the UK.)
- You can have all the women in your training department licensed on your own premises, run courses in house, and open them to other organisations if you wish. (Contact Changing People)
- You can have a select band of ‘gender equality champions’ trained personally by Jane C Woods (author of RenewYou) in house. They need not be trainers already but have an interest in the project and good communication skills. (Contact Changing People)
- You can have the gold standard package which includes the above, plus training delivered by Jane, along with regular updates, supervision and development of in house trainers, and coaching of RenewYou participants post course. This is especially useful within organisations looking to make a significant difference within a relatively short space of time. We only work with one organisation at a time at this level of support.
- You can also commission Jane to talk with members of staff, or address a ‘gender equality initiative group’ (Our advice would be not to call is a women’s group as this could be counter productive to producing effective change.)
Ann Francke, CEO Chartered Institute of Management: “lack of a strong talent pipeline has to change and fast. Allowing these types of gender inequalities to continue is precisely the kind of bad management that we need to stamp out.”